Moderators: jim, ceadmin, mart

mike

Fountain 'Confusion

Post by mike »

Sharon155
Post subject: Posted: Jun 27, 2008 - 05:10 PM

LisaB wrote:
Sharon
Thanks for the information. I will see what I can find out for a death date for John Fountain.
LisaB
OK...that might clear up who belongs where in the family. I had originally been linking my George up to Charles all along since Charles and Rachel showed up on the death certificate for George. It made sense to me, since they both died in Midland and George showed up on the early census with them.
After George's first wife died though and he remarried, he had stated that his father was John and his mother was Rachel. I then shifted my search to John and Rachel, because whereas the death information would have been provided by his son, his own marriage information was provided by himself which should prove to more accurate.
Sharon.
mike

Re: Fountain 'Confusion

Post by mike »

Sharon
Thanks for the information. I will see what I can find out for a death date for John Fountain.
LisaB
mike

Re: Fountain 'Confusion

Post by mike »

Sharon155
Post subject: Fountain 'Confusion Posted: May 13, 2008 - 03:53 PM

John H Fountain married Rachel Cassells.
Charles Fountain married Rachel Cassels.

John appears to have died in Midland Ontario in 1902. Charles died later. I show George Fountain living as son of Charles and Rachel Fountain, Bexley, Victoria Township in 1891. Records also indicate that Rachel had 2 children in 1878 - one with each of those men.

It took me this long but I finally figured out that my George, was not the son of Charles but the son of John Fountain.

Any clues as to how and why Rachel ended up living with Charles? If John did not die until 1902, was there a divorce?

Sharon