Jacob & Holder search

Moderators: jim, ceadmin, mart

mart
Site Admin

Jacob & Holder search

Post by mart »

I have been playing wiith my family history passion for about 40 years with the bulk of that time searching my Father's family. Eades' settled in Victoria Cty as well and most of my research has been in Coby, Baddow, Fenelon areas. The Ryan side, which includes the Holder, Jacob, Eagleson families, is in the infant stages at the moment. I haven't had a lot of luck with this side of the family yet, I think I have been on the wrong side of the Lake. Ha Ha. I do have a post card sent to Esther in 1914 to Horn Castle that I would like to post here if someone could walk me through the how too's of setting up an album. Cemetery information would be great!
mart
Site Admin

Re: Jacob & Holder search

Post by mart »

Beryl
Post subject: RE: Jacob & Holder Posted: Dec 23, 2008 - 08:51 AM

Lyndy
Please contact me at- bpequins@hotmail.com

Would love to to talk with you
Beryl
mart
Site Admin

Post by mart »

lyndy
Post subject: RE: Jacob & Holder Posted: Dec 14, 2008 - 09:19 AM

Beryl
I am the granddaughter of William and Annie(Sonley) Holder. My grandfather's mother was a Ella Rebecca Teel and she married a George William Holder. I do not know much about the Holder connection
Lynda
mart
Site Admin

Post by mart »

My Mom thinks she still has the clipping from the paper about Willis. All I know is he died on the job.
I would love to know where the homestead of the Eaglesons is, will you share?

As my digging continues I may well be connected to the Davis family, only time will tell - I did see the school on the Ramara site I will revisist it.

Elwood and Jack are my Mom's brothers, she is the Baby of the family. Ruth and Karen and the whole group are my first cousins....by Pinky you mean Terry??
My mother remembers a Joe McNamee do you know of him
mart
Site Admin

Post by mart »

Beryl-Thoughts as I postyour pictures
That's Willis Jacob--His death as a Police Officer
Anything interesting on the back of that post card
I know the location of the Eagleson homestead?????
Are you connected to the Davis family around Gamebrige or the Ryan's of Victoria Road
Bill
mart
Site Admin

Post by mart »

Do you have any pictures of original Carden-ites for the Jacob file(Scan and E-Mail)Do you have a picture of your grandmothers headstone to put in the tombestone file
Bill
mart
Site Admin

Post by mart »

Beryl
Interesting Stuff--Yes you are connected to the Holder-teel picture in the picture album,although I do't know how--The Holder's in that picture are the original Cardenites.I saw the picture posted in the Tombestone file in Lakeview cemetery in Kirkfield last week
How are you connected to the Eagleson tree--There are a lot of rare birds in Carden but that bird is Extinct----as far vas I Know???? I know where that Tombestone is.
mart
Site Admin

Post by mart »

Bill

Thanks for the reply. I have been playing wiith my family history passion for about 40 years with the bulk of that time searching my Father's family. Eades' settled in Victoria Cty as well and most of my research has been in Coby, Baddow, Fenelon areas. The Ryan side, which includes the Holder, Jacob, Eagleson families, is in the infant stages at the moment. I haven't had a lot of luck with this side of the family yet, I think I have been on the wrong side of the Lake. Ha Ha. I do have a post card sent to Esther in 1914 to Horn Castle that I would like to post here if someone could walk me through the how too's of setting up an album. Cemetery information would be great!

Please contact me at bpequins@hotmail.com

Thanks
Beryl
mart
Site Admin

Post by mart »

My sources tell me Wiliam Jocob lived on the 9 Con Carden--The original homestead was on the 8th
One son Roony is still alive and living in the Port Perry -Ont. area
Are you working on a family tree Is it available for the website .That is one of the families we are missing
We can probably provide Cemetery pictures if you wish
Bill
mart
Site Admin

Post by mart »

Hi all

I am searching the following families

James Jacob had a son Abraham Jacob born 1860. Abraham was married to Annie Holder born 1854.

Their children
Catherine 1886
William 1887
Esther Ann 1889 (My Gran)
Etta 1893
John 1895

From the research I have done to date the Jacob family was Methodiist and Annie Holder was born and raised on the 8th Concession of Carden. Would love to make some contacts.

Thanks Beryl