Moderators: jim, ceadmin, mart

jim

POWELL, William John, Ebenezer and Rebecca Ralphs etc

Post by jim »

frank
Post subject: Powell Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 08:00 AM

Sharon
I'm watching CANADIAN football and trying to figure out this mess

Your gr.grandfather was Wiliam John Powell 1878--1905 Yes... 26 Jun 1878 Victoria-Haliburton - 22 Mar 1905 Haliburton
His parents:
Father --Richard Ebenezer Powell 1850-1903... 2 Jan 1850-N.Y. USA- 15 Apr 1903 Haliburton
Mother Jane Peel--1847--1884 abt 1847 Ireland - 2 Apr 1884- Victoria-Haliburton (Richard remarried Deliah Boice (Bice Boyce) Grosselle-widow. Deliah was originally married to Napolean Groselle who passed in 1884. One of their children, Annie Laura May Grosselle (Sims) is buried in Maple Lake Cemetery with numerous other Sims. Richard Ebenezer Powells sister Florence (Sawyer) is also buried in Maple Lake Cemetery, but I can find no others buried there)

Richard Ebenezer Powells parents:
Who is Rebecca Powell died 1 Dec 1896 her maiden names is ????? Ralphs (it is her death registration where Abe Jacobs was the informant)
Who is Richard Powell from Horncastle school--1865-- I was thinking that would be Richard Ebenezer Powell based on the dates, but at 15 years of age (back then) would he still be in school??

Is he your gr. gr. grandfather and he married Jane Peel and produced William John Powell yes
Is Rebecca Powell Richards grand mother ? Richards mother, William Johns grandmother
jim

Re: POWELL, William John, Ebenezer and Rebecca Ralphs etc

Post by jim »

Sharon
Ran into this researching something else --Stay tuned --from
http://www.cardenhistoricalsociety.net/ ... =&topic=17

This school in Horncastle was situated up the 10th Concession near John Teel’s farm home at Lot 13. The first generation of pioneers’ children attended here. Among the 15 names on the 1865 Assessment Roll of this school area were: Ralph Adamson, Robert Peck, John Carew, Edward Dobbins, Patrick Duggan, John Howran, Cornelius and John Holland, Thomas Kempt, John Millaley,<strong> Richard Powell,</strong> Richard Rilance and John Teel. The 1869 list showed three additional names: John Ashby, James Jacob, and James Semple. By 1874 the names George Connor, William Holder and Thomas Hirstwood had been added.
jim

Post by jim »

Abraham Jacob is burried in Lakeview Cemetary Kirkfield Ont. I'll look for that name the next time i"m over there.
jim

Post by jim »

I am having the most difficult time finding my Powell relatives.
My gg grandfather William John Powell was married to Bertha Annie Sims. He was born in Lutterworth on 26 June 1878 and passed at 26yrs of age on Mar 22, 1905. He lived in Guilford and the death registration says Dysart etc. I have had no luck locating where he is buried. (Bertha re-married and is buried with her 2nd husband in Evergreen).

His parents, Richard Ebenezer and Jane Peel.
Richard E. was born 2 Jan 1850 in the U.S. and passed 15 April 1903 at Toronto General Hospital. The 1901 census shows him living in Guilford/Dysart with his 2nd wife Deliah Boice-Grosselle. I do no know when Jane Peel passed or where she is buried. Deliah was born 21 May 1851 and passed 26 Mar 1914. Her death registration says West Guilford.

Richard Ebenezer's parents, Richard and Rebecca Ralphs.
Richard was born abt. 1798 in England and passed 15 Aug 1875 in Wellington. There is an indication that he and Rebecca were buried in Elgin, Wellington from a history book printed in 1907. Rebecca was born abt. 1804 in England and passed 1 Dec 1896. Her death registration shows her passing in Victoria, Carden. The informant is Abraham Jacob from Carden.

The family was Methodist.

If anyone can shed any light on where any of my relatives are buried it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sharon Burkhard