Marriage Thomas McNabb and Charlotte Robbins

Moderators: jim, ceadmin, mart

Glynn

Marriage Thomas McNabb and Charlotte Robbins

Post by Glynn »

My great great grandparents were married in Mono Township, Simcoe on March 1, 1866. After that they moved to Cooper's Falls where they remained until their deaths in 1907 and 1920. As I read many family trees that mention their names, Thomas is confused with another Thomas who also lived in the region. I would like to correspond with anyone who has knowledge of this couple to learn more about which Thomas is which.

I have yet to find a marriage certificate for their marriage and wonder if anyone has a copy of their marriage record.
lillie

Thomas McNabb

Post by lillie »

First Let us fix the Confusion issue
Your Thomas McNabb married Charlotte Robins and had children named ????
And how close to modern times do you have records

The other Thomas McNabb married ???? and had children named ???

Ounce we straighten that out then we can proceed with local inquiries. I have found a family who's mother was a McNabb from Coopers Falls but I need to know which family I am talking about

Jack
Glynn

RE: Thomas McNabb

Post by Glynn »

Thanks for your response Jack. I would appreciate any help which you might be able to provide.

Thomas McNabb (26Mar1835 - 13Mar1920) was born in the USA according to his death certificate, although family lore says he was born in Orangeville, Ont. His date of birth varies among several sources as well. At one point he lived in Mono and in Mara townships but farmed near Cooper's Falls for most of his life.

He married Charlotte Robbins (1845 - 12Feb1907) in Mono Township on 01Mar1866. She was born in either Tosorontio or Adjala, the daughter of Abijah and Susannah Robbins.

They had 8 children Ann(1868), William Henry (1869), Charlotte (1872), Violet Jane (1874), Thomas (1875), Robert J. (1878), Isabella (1879), and James (1880). In 1901 a child, John McPhee (10Dec1890) was living with them. Near the end of his life Thomas lived with John McPhee (Lot 2, Con N) and John was the person who was the informant on his death certificate. Charlotte died at their home on Lot 13 Concession N.
Isabella married Walter Guthrie, William Henry married Martha Brunson and Violet Jane married Andrew Donald McNabb (29Apr1860-04April1940) the son of Findlay McNabb and Mary McKinley.

Thomas is often confused with Thomas McNabb (1837-????) born in Rosemont, Dufferin County the son of Robert McNabb and Anne Campbell. While there does not seem to be a lot of information about this Thomas, I do know that he lived in Michigan for a while, that he came back to Ontario with his brother William to work in the woods and that he was living in Mono Township in 1861. Interestingly he married Anne Hummerson in the township of Perry on 12Aug1907. Why this is interesting is that Anne Hummerson was earlier married to Henry Parker, but was originally Annie Robbins (12May1859-17Dec1922), the sister of Charlotte. At the time of the marriage Thomas was a widower.
Originally I thought the two men were the same, but have found pictures which I am certain are authentic showing the two men in Saskatchewan just before WW1 and they are clearly different people.

I would greatly appreciate any help which you are able to provide and would be willing to correspond with anyone else who might know about any of these people.
lillie

Thomas McNabb

Post by lillie »

Glynn --You owe me a coffee --when you are down

was on the road today and found McNabb farm presently owned by the Pilger family in Coopers Falls who bought the farm in 1910

co-ordinates @ N 44 ' 36.846"
W 70' 05.251"

Checked out three Graveyards--no luck-- but since they died 1907--1920 they are probably in an organized cemetery as opposed to the old farm

Also found possible relative who's
mother was Vera McNabb
who's father was William McNabb
who's father was Thomas McNabbb 1839
married to Charlotte ??1849

This information comes from a book entitled RAMA---- Reflections of the Past --on line somewhere

I will make an effort to interview son of Vera McNabb --as time allows

Jack
Glynn

RE: Thomas McNabb

Post by Glynn »

Thanks Jack,
Your help is greatly appreciated. I'll send you $5 for a coffee and a donut
Glynn