Thomas McNabb, Charlotte Robins and Annie Robbins Parker

Moderators: jim, ceadmin, mart

McNabbfamily

Thomas McNabb, Charlotte Robins and Annie Robbins Parker

Post by McNabbfamily »

I am researching the McNabb family which came to Mara and Rama townships in the early 19th Century. They lived near Coopers Falls for a long time and died there. I have not been able to find their burial cemetery on line. Two men named Thomas Mcnabb seem to have become mixed up in family trees that I have seen, so would appreciate any information that would help me learn about each of them. One married Charlotte Robins and one married her sister Annie Robbins (different spelling is deliberate). Thomas and Charlotte lived near Coopers Falls while Thomas and Annie lived near either Perry or Parry Sound or perhaps both. Any help would be appreciated
frank

McNabb

Post by frank »

Hi
You say 19th century --probably 1900s??--What years
I'll be in Coopers Falls shortly and can check local cemetaries and will be talking to a 90 year old Cooperite on Thru
You probably did the cencus trail already
There are also 65?? McNabbs listed on the Carden site--http://carden-daltonhistorywebsite.net/ ... &func=main
--Carden-Dalton are close to Cooperts Falls
Larry
frank

McNabb of Coopers Falls

Post by frank »

Hi, tell you friend Larry, there are only 3 McNabb stones in the St.
George's , Cooper Falls cemetery, none in the Methodist cemetery.---none for a Thomas McNabb.

McNabb (see Brunson)
William H. McNabb
Husband of Martha A. Brunson
Born March 1869
Died March 1917

Martha Ann Brunson
Wife of William McNabb
Born Feburary 7th, 1879
Died September 6th. 1954

Stella
Born 1912
Died 1926
McNabb
Arlene
Born and died July 9th. 1931

John
Born August 2nd. 1942
Died August 4th. 1942
McNabb
Elma L.
Wife of Robert McNabb
Died June 5th. 1890
Age 22 years

Rubie R.
Died August 25th. 1890
Age 6 months

Findlay E.
Died February 2nd. 18?
Age 3 years

Mike
Member of, www.ramarahistoryonline.web-
Glynn

RE: McNabb of Coopers Falls

Post by Glynn »

Thanks Larry and Mike,
This is indeed the family in which I am interested.I am aware of the people listed in St George's cemetery as they are on line elsewhere. I am hoping there will be something locally that might be useful. I know of at least three different people named Thomas McNabb who are part of my family and living in Rama, Mara townships, in Simcoe or Ontario Counties. Part of my search is to differentiate between the three men. Their families moved to Dufferin County, Ontario county and Simcoe county in the early 1800's. Any information about anyone with that name may possibly be useful. At this point I am gathering the grain to be gleaned. One report is that Thomas McNabb owned a pub in Coopers Falls. I would be interested if anyone has any information about that specific person. One Thomas is the son of Henry McNabb and Anne Campbell. The other is listed on his death certificate as being born in the USA with no parents listed. One married Charlotte Robins. The other married Annie Robins Parker.