pictures RE: Angus McDonald

Moderators: jim, ceadmin, mart

countrygirl

pictures RE: Angus McDonald

Post by countrygirl »

I am looking for pictures or any info about the farm that used to belong to Angus McDonald (my great grandfather). It was located on Concession H-I formerly Fawkham Road. Time frame early 1900's?

Also interested in any photos or stories about the old Hunter Farm at Ragged Rapids. (Clarence and Lizzie Hunter) Pictures would be great or locations of the old barn(s) and wells.
countrygirl

Re: pictures RE: Angus McDonald

Post by countrygirl »

Hello! I received a notification that Geriztul had responded to my post and now I can't find it...???
mike

Post by mike »

Contry girl
Sorry we've had a lot of trouble with hackers and robots hitting this site We've earased over a thousand spam mails Your reply was one of them Stay tunned I will see what I can do
Submission Committee
jim

Post by jim »

Country Girl
Spent Sunday afternoon visiting contacts in area around BLack River
Problem is there are MacDonalds that changed their name to McDonald---McDonnells that locals call McDonald and the original McDonald clan
I need to know the Lot# where your gr grandfather lived on Con H-I And who were his children and some of his grandchildren ,thus bringing us up to 1940-50's
Jack
CSBURKE

Post by CSBURKE »

John Weir on Lot 1, Conc. H, Rama Township was postmaster for Fawkham, so Concession H may have been Fawkham Road.

In the 1860's/ 70's there was an Angus McDonald growing up on Lot 2 , Concession H, the son of John P. McDonald. Angus went to work for a McRae who owned a sawmill in Midland ca. 1882 and married his daughter Mary Ellen McRae and had a large family and now many descendants, all of whom are cousins of mine.

If this is not the Angus you are looking for, I may be able to help more if you provide a lot and concession number and the name of his spouse.

Neil J. McMillan