Photo of Nicol Campbell & Ed Watt

Moderators: jim, ceadmin, mart

woolsack

Photo of Nicol Campbell & Ed Watt

Post by woolsack »

Please pardon my ignorance; I have just discovered your website while looking for information on Nicol Campbell (my wife's great grandfather). Does anybody know anything about the Nicol Campbell portrayed in the photo (it seems to be photo #20 of Rama Township Citizens, by "Marie" and one of the photos submitted by "Doreen Carrick." Thanks for your help. Bill. Portland, OR, USA
mcrosby

RE: Photo of Nicol Campbell & Ed Watt

Post by mcrosby »

Bill- in the book "Relections of the Past: the story of Rama Township" (you can google this title, it is on Our Roots)- page 31, it reads that no much is known about the Campbell's in Rama--
I find this surprising as Campbells were in Rama before the 1851 census.
I have not found much on Nicol, but what I did find was:
His parents were Duncan Campbell, born in Scotland in 1835, a son of John Campbell & Mary McNabb, he died 12 Dec 1917, of heart failure, death was reported by Nicol Campbell, RR#1, Washago. His mother was Janet (went by Jessie) Graham, born in Thorah, Township, a daughter of Archie Graham & Annie McCuaig, she died 22 july 1920, death reported by Nicol, at the same adress above.
they were both buried in the Gamebridge cemetery, along with some of Nicol's siblings. -- click on Ramara Cemeteries-- then scroll down to Gamebridge--
Nicol appears in the 1891/1901/1911 census- along with his parents and siblings- the 1901 census shows his birth date as 30 Sept. 1881.
I hope this helps- others may be able to add more. Since this family is not on the genealogy site-- we invite you to post the Campbell family , once you have completed your research.
woolsack

RE: Photo of Nicol Campbell & Ed Watt

Post by woolsack »

Thank you, Mike -- I appreciate the guidance. Your info helps sort out some of the Nicols I have been working with. I will follow-up with the suggestions you've given me. Most helpful. And I'll give some thought the posting what I've been able to sort out. Thanks. B