Isaac Smith

Moderators: jim, ceadmin, mart

EricEdlund

Isaac Smith

Post by EricEdlund »

I am doing my family genealogy and have found two of my grandfather's uncles came to canada from england 1. Joseph Fisher Smith 1862 to Barrie Ont. and 2.Isaac Fisher Smith 1890 to Rama Township Ontario. I would like any info on either family.
Thank you
Eric Edlund
mart
Site Admin

RE: Isaac Smith

Post by mart »

first question---do you know religion and location in rama
Bill
EricEdlund

Isaac Fisher Smith help please

Post by EricEdlund »

I think both families were Methodist. I think Isaac married a Angeline (Goring)Lee from Rama. I was told that Isaac lived and worked in a chemical factory in Longford mills but that was not confirmed.
mcrosby

RE: Isaac Fisher Smith help please

Post by mcrosby »

Eric- I am so glad my ancestors are not named Smith- searching records is hard enough- when you search Smith it is 100 times more time consuming.

I have discovered a few items that may allow you to narrow your search.
The book entitled -Relections of the Past- Rama, has the history of Rama Twp. The Goring family page #57 lists Isaac Fisher Smith-- it stated he was married 3 times- his grave marker below list 2 wifes. EMMA PORTER- thier is a typo in the book- no 'o' and Angelia Goring Lee- note they lost 2 sons in WW1. I think the book counted Angelina twice. This also lists a number of children.

The following is from the Longford Mills -UNITED CHURCH CEMETERY- under the cemetery section on this website.

In Memory Of/Emma PORTER/Beloved Wife Of/Isaac Fisher SMITH/Died Feb. 12, 1905/In Her 49th Year/Native Of LakenHeath Cambridgeshire, England/SMITH/In Memory Of/Isaac F. SMITH/Died May 16, 1929/Aged 78 Years/His Beloved Wife/Angelina Goring LEE/Died Oct. 14, 1944/Aged 85 Years/Also Of Their Sons/Killed In Action In France/George Henry/Sept. 20, 1915/Aged 29 Years/Hardy Alfred/Sept. 30, 1918/Aged 22 Years

I located a copy of Issac Fisher Smith's death registration- May 16, 1929, archives MS935-374 he was living in Longford Mills- and had been for 29 years. Also Joseph Fisher Smith died 10 July 1911 - he was living at 2 High St. Barrie.

If you would like copies of these documents email me off line. The Rama book is available on line - http://www.ourroots.ca/e/toc.aspx?id=4879- search p. 57 or Goring
mart
Site Admin

Isac --Joseph Smith

Post by mart »

Eric
Now have in our possession the hard copy for Smith(Methodist) of Rama???
It will be posted in New Year --It doesn't show any Isac or Joseph Smith This family is from Scotland
Did Hear of another Smith family unknown to us That will make four that we know off--Will check it out in New year
Stay Tuned--Submission Committee
mart
Site Admin

Isac-Smith

Post by mart »

Now Posted
Subbmission Comittee
elberry

Smith Family

Post by elberry »

Also looking for a Smith - udney Ontario - Scottish

All buried in Udney United Church Cemetery

Especially looking for info (photos) of Fred b 1878 and Margaret Smith's b 1866 daughter, Donna b 1922 and any info on any family members especially photos - relatives

Fitchett - two grave sites away is connected but I'm not sure how
jim

Issac Smith

Post by jim »

Rewind--Try this one again