Strathallan, summer residence of A. A. Allan, Esq.
The Steamer Islay passing through the Narrows
The steamer "Islay" was owned by Captain Charles McInnes. The Steamer was originally called "The Orillia". It is seen here taking passengers through The Narrows into Lake Simcoe from Lake Couchiching. They are probably going for a picnic to Strawberry Island, which was also owned by Captain McInnes.
Picture and information originally supplied by H. Whitney.
( Circa 1895)
Narrows----Looking to Lake Simcoe
Orchard Piont --right ------------Lake Simcoe ahead--Bert Harrisons Hotel --Right